Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fond Memories: Past and Present

TODAY WAS EPIC! APRIL FOOLS! Seriously though, it was pretty uneventful. I had a calc test that I failed. Hopefully she gives a little extra credit. I’m not really too worried. I have a B in there and we still have a presentation that should boost my grade a little. I skipped UNHP again and went to Rhodes to visit a friend and play pool. That was nice. Then I took a nap. It was the first real break that I’d had in the last two weeks.
What I really want to talk about is Southern Comfort. No, not the alcohol, the jazz orchestra. My friend had to go see them for his music class, and I tagged along. They were really good. It helped that one of the girls singing in the jazz choir was a cute redhead. She was wearing this tight black dress with a slit and…that’s not important. What is important is the way that the band made me feel. It wasn’t because their music was extra special. It was because that was the first time I’d ever watched an orchestra and not been in band, myself. It really made me realize how important band was to me. I realize now that, when I decided not to pursue band in college, I left a big part of my life behind. I’d give anything to go back on one band trip with my high school band. I really miss them.

No comments: