Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vamos Los Tigres!

Despite yesterday’s enthusiastic blog, our beloved Tigers still managed to lose. It was so unfortunate. It was so cheap. It was so…anticlimactic. Don’t get me wrong. They definitely should have won, but when it went to overtime, I knew it was over. However, and this is going to sound defensive, it wasn’t really our fault. It was, as my friend’s neighbor put it, “the cock-sucking officiating bullshit.” Somehow we managed to get a million fouls called on us while Kansas kept it to a minimum. I don’t know what game the officials were watching, but it wasn’t the same one that I was. Seriously, that was probably the most biased game I’ve ever watched, in terms of calls. When Dorsey “fouled out” that was the end for us. We need our big man, baby. It’s as simple as that. We need the big man. They knew that and he was gone.
The people that I blame the most are the commentators on ESPN. If they had just said that we were going to lose, the game would’ve been in the bag for us. However, that was not the case. We were favored and therefore lost incentive.
Despite the loss I’m still really proud of those guys. Two losses in a whole season?! That’s unheard of. GO TIGERS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

True true. I don't think we'll do as well next year, considering that some of our seniors will leave and the only hope we have would pretty much be derrick rose. Derrick rose, please stay in Memphis!

damn the word verification is truly bullshit. I can't believe I had to type an 8 letter gibberish to comment. I hate it.