Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Money and College

As the year comes to a close, I can’t help but feel a bit scared. My grades are really scaring me. It’s bizarre. I have never once worried about a grade, and I probably would not be now except for the fact that I have scholarships to protect. Damn their money! I will definitely not be able to afford college without that money. It would be so much easier if secondary education was socialized. That way, there would be no need for any sort of scholarships. Everything would simply be based on who got the best grades. This may not seem fair to some people. After all, the best students would get into the best colleges. However, what if the best student can’t afford a good college? He has to settle for something lesser or work his ass off to get money that some stupid trust fund baby gets from his father ( George W. Bush). Sometimes I wish that I lived somewhere other than America, but these are the cards that I drew. I guess that I may just have to work hard for once. Public education did not prepare me for college. I was lazy in high school and got straight A’s in my honors classes. I wish I could still do that.

1 comment:

Carlin said...

For real, I feel like I have never worked as hard as I have this year. I miss high school because I could get by easier and I didn't have homework like I do now. Some of my teachers didn't even give a crap about what we did. It was both a blessing and curse I guess.