Monday, April 14, 2008

Hysteria

Yawn. I am TIRED! It’s about 10:36 in the P.M. and I have been at it all day. Between the calculus and my final chemistry lab, it’s been a real bitch. I figured that I should probably go ahead and get done with my blog since we are supposed to do one every night. I have yet to complete my final draft of part four. Not to mention that I have a chemistry test tomorrow, which I have not studied for yet. Let’s see. What can I talk about?
Have you guys seen that video of the girl getting the crap beaten out of her by six other girls. It’s sick. How could you do that to someone. Not to mention that they had two people guys keeping watch outside. They are being tried as adults. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about this. True, they committed a premeditated act of violence against another person, but they are just kids. Whenever I see the video, I feel like they should be tried as adults. However, when I am thinking about it at other points, I think about how group mentality can force people to do some really stupid things. There is the Holocaust. Then there is the fact that George Bush got re-elected. You can’t tell me that peer pressure had nothing to do with any of these things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah I heard about that. It's not really a big thing considering that people always get into fights, but I guess the fact that it was taped is hard evidence that the should be prosecuted severely. Without the hard evidence, I'm sure they wouldn't tried as adults. If they weren't tried as adults, I'm sure other young teens will think that they'll be able to get away with a little cat fight. Then maybe there will be a huge phenomenon of people downloading fights knowing that they won't be severely dealt with.

Now I'm not saying what they did was the right thing, but then again people copy each other and that should stop. This is the strategy my psychology teacher told me: stop the copy catting by "controlling reinforcement."

Wow, I just wrote you an essay. I rule.