Friday, April 18, 2008

Papal Pride?

This is it. This is the last blog. I feel like I’m losing a friend. Oh well. Today I am going to talk about the Pope’s first visit to America.
This is ridiculous. What can this man possibly think of our country? On his first visit…Well, I have a quote for you that pretty much explains it all. “Thank you, You Holiness. Awesome speech.” That was our very own George Bush. How can you possibly be so congenial with someone who has such authority? I guess Bush isn’t used to seeing someone who has more influence than himself.
W hat about the merchandise that these vendors are selling? Pope on a rope? I can only assume that’s Papal soap on a rope. God bless my German Shepherd. Yeah let’s compare His Holiness to a dog. That’s a sure ticket to heaven. My favorite, by far, has to be Pope my ride. This is simply a shirt that has a picture of the Pope mobile on it. Today he is giving a mass at Yankee stadium. Yes, baseball is a great game, but it is by no means holy. Besides. The Yankees suck. Everyone knows that the Red Sox rule the World.

3 comments:

Kelvin Oliver said...

Last blog post for the class. Overall, I had a good experience being in Wendy's class and just trying to hang on til this moment of school almost being out. I heard about the news that the Pope was here. I just heard bit of pieces of the news coverage.

Unknown said...

Last blog? It was nice reading your stuff man. Thanks for all the comments and things. If you ever wanna get in touch again, I'm on Facebook.com

Carlin said...

well, thankfully, we don't have to go through the pope to get to heaven.